Laura E. Reasons
Laura has over a decade of experience as a labor and employment attorney in matters ranging from workplace discrimination matters to counseling on compliance and best practices.
Laura leads the firm’s labor and employment law group. She focuses her practice on wage and hour class and collective actions across the country arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act and state laws. Laura has more than a decade’s worth of experience as a labor and employment lawyer, having litigated the spectrum of employment law claims, including in class, collective, and systemic litigation, and previously counseled clients on wage and hour compliance, discrimination claims, and day-to-day employment issues.
Laura’s passion for representing individuals has translated into a strong history of pro bono work, including the representation of an incarcerated individual, asylum seekers, and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals applicants. Laura was a Public Interest Law Initiative Fellow at the Domestic Violence Legal Clinic, located in the Cook County, Illinois domestic violence courthouse, and has continued working with that organization to represent individual clients for order of protection cases.
Prior to joining DiCello Levitt Gutzler, Laura was part of the labor and employment department of an international, management-side law firm, where she defended some of the largest companies in the country in employment law cases. She brings that experience, combined with her passion for service and representing individuals, to the firm. She was a judicial extern to the Honorable George W. Lindberg of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Experience in all aspects of litigation of complex employment claims
- Deposed hundreds of witnesses and led declaration campaigns and discovery efforts for single-plaintiff and complex cases
- Conducted wage and hour and other employment litigation practices compliance audits
- Litigated cases in each federal circuit in the country
- Order of the Coif
- CALI Awards (highest grade in class) Business Organizations, Employee Benefits, Legal Writing
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40 (2018)