Mark A. DiCello
Mark regularly acts as lead and co-lead counsel in major personal injury and mass tort actions.
Mark has established a national practice representing victims ranging from individuals suffering catastrophic personal injuries to groups of plaintiffs affected by harmful medical devices, pharmaceutical products, chemicals, automobiles, and more. He has been chosen by federal and state courts around the country to lead the representation of plaintiffs in mass tort and product liability actions. In recent years, he was appointed co-lead counsel in the massive multidistrict litigation involving defective medical and pharmaceutical products.
Mark is frequently asked to speak to gatherings of trial lawyers, and has addressed national organizations on topics ranging from defective medical devices, medical malpractice, environmental catastrophes, and advanced trial skills.
- Health Care
- Medical device
- In Re: Stryker LFit V40 Femoral Head Products Liability Litigation MDL-2768?
June 30, 2017, Appointed to Plaintiff?s Steering Committee
- National Multi-District Litigation over alleged defects in Stryker Howmedica?s recalled LFIT V40 Femoral Head
- Timothy Bruck, Executor v. Gary McClintick and Mentor Board of Education, 15CV000701
February 13, 2017, Jury Verdict, $1,267,500.00
- Mentor Board of Education School Bus Driver crashed into the vehicle driven by Jessica ?Toby? Cribbs. Compensatory and Punitive Damages Awarded. The bus driver was not cited and claimed that he had the green light when he went through an intersection striking Ms. Cribbs? vehicle.
- Arnold Black v. Detective Randy Hicks, Officer Jonathan O?Leary, Chief Ralph Spotts and City of East Cleveland, No. CV-14-826010
May 31, 2016, Jury Verdict, $22,000,000.00
- Mr. Black was stopped because of a mistaken identity and beaten and kept in a storage locker for days by police. The detective in the case testified that his department supported the mistreatment of Mr. Black.
- In Re Stryker Rejuvenate & ABG II Hip Implant Litigation MCL-296?
March 19, 2013, Appointed to the Science Committee
- Multi-County Litigation in New Jersey on behalf of the nation?s Plaintiffs alleging injury by Stryker Howmedica?s Recalled Stryker Rejuvenate & ABG II Hip Implants.
- In Re: Propecia (Finasteride) Product Liability Litigation MDL-2331
June 22, 2012, Appointed to Plaintiff?s Steering Committee
- Multi-District Litigation alleging that Propecia, Merck?s prescription drug for male pattern baldness, causes permanent sexual dysfunction in men.
- In Re: Mentor Co. Obtape Transobturator Sling Products Liability Litigation MDL-2004?
September 21, 2011, Appointed Co-Lead Counsel
- Multi-District Litigation alleging defects in Mentor Corp?s Transobturator Sling that was used to treat stress urinary incontinence in women.
Writings and Presentations
- “Mediation and Settlement: It is All in The Preparation,” 360 Advocacy, Damages Conference: Go Big or Go Home, Co-Chair (2017)
- “Cutting Edge Depo Techniques: What Needs to be Heard,” 360 Advocacy, Damages Conference: Go Big or Go Home, Co-Chair (2017)
- “Making the ?Sudden and Unexpected? Medical Emergency Predictable and Foreseeable,” 360 Advocacy, Trucking Conference: A New Look at How to Win Trucking Cases, Co-Chair (2017)
- “Look at the Science to Drive the Monster Verdicts,” 360 Advocacy, Damages Conference: Go Big or Go Home, Co-Chair (2016)
- “Views from Leadership: How to Utilize Lead Counsel in a Mass Tort Case,” Ohio Association for Justice Summer Conference (2016)
- “Story Structure,” 360 Advocacy, Damages Conference: Go Big or Go Home, Co-Chair (2015)
- “Finding Medical Malpractice and Mass Tort cases from your Probate and Social Security/Disability Work,” 28th Annual Accredited CLE (2015)
- “Voir Dire,” 360 Advocacy, Trial Lawyer MMA: Combining the Disciplines, Co-Chair (2014)
- “Make No Small Plans: Damage Modeling in the Mega Case,” 360 Advocacy, Damages Conference: Go Big or Go Home, Co-Chair (2014)
- “Panel Discussion on E-Filing in State and Federal Court,” 27th Annual Accredited CLE (2014)
- The Summit Council
- American Association for Justice, Leaders Forum
- National Trial Lawyers, Executive Committee, Class Action Trial Lawyers Division
- National Trial Lawyers, Executive Committee, Trucking Trial Lawyers Division
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Ohio State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- National Advisory Board, Association of Plaintiffs Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America