Justin believes solving a client’s problem begins with the ability to actively listen and engage with their experience.
Justin Abbarno is an aggressive, creative, results-oriented trial lawyer whose practice focuses primarily on medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, catastrophic injury, sexual assault, product liability, and mass torts. He is steadfast in his devotion to seeking justice and works to hold individuals and businesses accountable for the harms that his clients have suffered.
Justin has litigated multiple jury and bench trials to verdict, as well as multiple arbitrations to final decision. An advocate for advancing the craft of trial practice, he is a contributing member of the DiCello Levitt Trial Center, where he helps attorneys fine-tune their cases through focus groups and mock trials.
During law school, Justin was a key member of The Ohio State University’s award-winning Moritz College of Law’s Mock Trial Team. He also received the Michael F. Colley Award, as a top mock trial performer in the 2020 graduating class, and was named Best Attorney during the 2019 Ohio Attorney General’s Mock Trial Competition. Before law school, Justin graduated from the University of Dayton, summa cum laude, where he was elected to serve the undergraduate student body as a representative for the UD Student Government Association and was appointed to serve as the Speaker of the Student Body Senate. During his undergraduate studies, Justin worked on a successful Senate campaign and was an intern in the United States House of Representatives. Justin was also a member of UD’s NCAA Division 1 FCS Football program and was named to the Pioneer Football League’s All-Academic Team.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, “Robert M. Krivoshey Award for excellence in trial advocacy,” (2020 and 2019).
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- American Association for Justice
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys