Ken is a trial lawyer who represents clients nationwide in cases that change lives and affect positive social change.
Toxic exposure to chemicals goes hand in hand with truck crash cases. Ken saw that early in his career. More than twenty years ago, Ken found himself called to the scene of a major truck crash. As a young lawyer, he witnessed what really happens in the aftermath of that kind of tragedy. He saw how truck companies protect their drivers. He saw a small police department struggle with securing a crime scene and preserving evidence. He saw how people in cars don’t stand a chance when a truck driver loses control. He saw the impact that a spilled tanker can have on the environment and how toxic exposure can change lives in minutes. That experience shaped the rest of his professional career.
As a former defense lawyer, Ken was recruited by the most accomplished plaintiff-side law firms in the United States. Ken chose to join DiCello Levitt, understanding that he would have unique and unrivaled access to resources not available at any of the traditional personal injury firms. Since joining the firm, Ken has set himself apart as a leader who coordinates complex medical malpractice, birth injury, truck crash, and toxic exposure cases, all while mentoring young lawyers advancing in the trial bar and serving as the firm’s General Counsel. Ken is also the Managing Partner of the Firm’s Cleveland office.
Over the past three decades, Ken has been recognized as a top-tier trial attorney handling cases in multiple jurisdictions across the United States. Throughout his career, Ken has been recognized by the numerous industry organizations and his peers as an elite trial lawyer.
Ken is a sought-after voice in the litigation space, and has published articles in several publications and has presented at conferences across the United States about the intricacies of trial practice. He was recently named to Lawdragon’s “500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers,” and has also been recognized as a “Plaintiffs’ Lawyers Trailblazer” by The National Law Journal. Ken has also been selected as an Ohio Super Lawyer every year since 2010 and he is recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®, for Transportation Law.
500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers, Lawdragon (2022-2023)
Plaintiffs’ Lawyers Trailblazer, The National Law Journal (2021)
Ohio Super Lawyers (listed annually since 2010)
Top 50: Cleveland Super Lawyers (2020 and 2019)
Top 100: Ohio Super Lawyers (2020 and 2019)
The Best Lawyers in America®, Transportation Law (2021-2022)
“AV” Preeminent rating, Martindale-Hubbell
10/10 Rating, Avvo
- The Art and Science of Injury Cases”, 360 Advocacy, Las Vegas, NV (2019)
- “How To Win Trucking Cases 2018”, 360 Advocacy, Las Vegas, NV (2018)
- “Traumatic Brain Injury”, 360 Advocacy, Las Vegas, NV (2018)
- “The Cards May Look The Same, But The Game Has Changed,” Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA) Seminar Las Vegas, Nevada (2011)
- “Current Hours of Service Regulations for the Trucking Industry,” Harmonie Group Transportation Seminar, Chicago, Illinois (2011)
- “2011 Ohio Case Law Update and Highlights of Transportation Law,” Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group, Harrisburg, PA (2011)
- “Coping with Victim Syndrome,” Arkansas Trucking Conference (2011)
- “Trucking Liability Claim Defense from Start to Finish,” Wheels Insurance, Ltd./National Interstate Insurance Risk Control Workshop, Cleveland, Ohio (2010)
- “Ohio Tort Reform and Technology in the Transportation Industry,” Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania (2010)
- “Managing Safety Risks in the Evolution of Transportation Technology,” Marsh Academy of Risk Hot Topic Seminar, Cleveland, Ohio (2010)
- “Dissecting the Anatomy of a Trucking Case – The Trial and Beyond,” DRI Seminar – CLE Conference, Chicago, Illinois (2009)
- “Themes, Tactics in Litigating Trucking Cases,” ABA Transportation Mega Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana (2009)
- “Dissecting the Anatomy of a Trucking Case,” Cottingham & Butler Captive Risk Retention Group Seminar, Dubuque, Iowa (2009)
- “Dissecting the Anatomy of a Trucking Liability Claim,” Cottingham & Butler Captive Seminar – Truck Insurance Ltd. Dubuque, Iowa (2009)
- “Managing the Relationship with the Truck Driver Client,” Harmonie Trucking and Commercial Transportation Conference Chicago, IL (2009)
- “Preparing Your Expert in a Trucking Liability Case,” Arkansas Trucking Association Seminar, Little Rock, Arkansas (2009)
- “Ohio Trucking Law and Tort Reform,” North American Risk Services Claim Department, Maitlin, Florida (2008)
- “Ohio Trucking and Transportation Law,” Cottingham and Butler/SISCO Seminar, Dubuque, Iowa (2008)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Association of Civil Trial Attorneys
- Ohio Association for Justice
- American Association of Justice (AAJ)