Robert J. DiCello
Robert has earned many seven- and eight- figure recoveries for victims of injustice over his 40-plus years as a trial lawyer.
A co-founder of one of DiCello Levitt’s predecessor firms, Robert J. DiCello has amassed more than 45 years of professional experience and an extensive list of seven- and eight-figure recoveries for victims of injustice. He has deep experience in a wide range of class actions, personal injury cases, complex mass torts, and probate matters. Over his long and successful career, he has won multiple appeals before the Ohio Supreme Court.
Robert put himself through Cleveland-Marshall College of Law while working as a safety director at U.S. Steel Corp. While in law school, he was selected to join the Cleveland-Marshall Law Review. He began his legal career as an assistant prosecutor in the Lake County Prosecutor’s Office and later become President of the Lake County Bar Association. He formed his own firm in 1978, managing it with great success over nearly 40 years until its members founded DiCello Levitt.
- Ady v. West American Ins. Co. 69 Ohio St. 2d 593.
Lead counsel for Plaintiff in a seminal case in the development of stacking insurance coverages that led to billions of dollars in recovery for injured victims of car crashes.
Writings and Presentations
- Published by Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Law Review; “Aesthetics and the Police Power”
- AV Preeminent Attorney, Martindale-Hubbell
- PRR AV Preeminent Attorney, Lawyers.com
- Lake County Bar Association, Past President
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Lake County Public Defender Commission, Founding Member and Chairman