Dan Ferri represents individuals, businesses, and public clients in complex litigations against large, well-funded corporate defendants.
Dan Ferri is a litigator whose practice focuses on fraud, breach of contract, and intellectual property theft claims. He has achieved tens of millions of dollars in recoveries on behalf of individual, small business, and public clients.
This past year, Dan helped win a jury trial in a class action that, after appeal, may provide over $100 million to purchasers of defective GM trucks and sport-utility vehicles. He also concluded a multi-year litigation on behalf of the State of New Mexico that successfully resolved claims against AbbVie for the deceptive advertising of a potentially dangerous pharmaceutical.
Dan’s other recent work includes successfully representing the State of New Mexico in cases arising from Volkswagen’s use of “defeat devices” to cheat emissions standards and other automakers’ sales of vehicles containing dangerous Takata airbag inflators; achieving a substantial settlement for a class of consumers who purchased Toyota minivans with defective sliding doors; and successfully settling, after a bench trial, a patent infringement claim against GoDaddy.
Dan is a member of the Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar.
- State of New Mexico v. Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., et al. Case No. D-101-CV-2016-00131 (Santa Fe Cnty., N.M.)
- State of New Mexico v. Takata Corporation, et al., Case No. D-101-CV-2017-00176 (Santa Fe Cnty., N.M.)
- State of New Mexico v. Koch Foods Inc., et al. Case No. D-101-CV-2020-01891 (Santa Fe Cnty., N.M.)
- State of New Mexico v. Facebook, Inc., Case No. D-101-CV-2021-00132 (Santa Fe Cnty., N.M.)
- State of New Mexico v. Solvay Pharmaceuticals, Inc., et al. Case No. D-101-CV-2019-01897 (Santa Fe Cnty., N.M.)
- In re: Wells Fargo ERISA 401(k) Litig., Case No. 16-cv-3405 (D. Minn.)
- Combs v. Toyota Motor Corp. Case No. 17-cv-04633 (C.D. Cal.)
- Weidman v. Ford Motor Company, Case No. 18-cv-12719 (E.D. Mich.)
- Sloan, Jr. v. General Motors LLC, Case No. 16-cv-07244 (N.D. Cal.)
- WhitServe, LLC v. GoDaddy.Com, Inc., Case No. 11-cv-00948 (D. Conn.)
- Cascades Computer Innovation LLC v. RPX Corp., Case No. 12-cv-01142 (N.D. Cal.)
- Research Frontiers Inc. v. E Ink Corp., Case No. 13-cv-01231 (D. Del.)
Illinois Rising Star, Super Lawyers (listed annually since 2016)
- ABA Webinar – Product Liability in Automotive Defect Class Actions, 2022
- “Curing the Ascertainability Fallacy – The Ninth Circuit Strikes Back,” AAJ Class Action Litigation Newsletter, Winter 2017
- 2018 Survey of Federal Class Action Law: A Circuit-by-Circuit Analysis (American Bar Association, 2018)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan