Steve leverages his extensive experience and industry expertise to achieve justice for his clients in complex securities, antitrust, commercial, and financial cases.
For nearly 20 years, Steve Jodlowski has been actively involved in a variety of cases involving securities fraud, antitrust, competition, corporate takeover, consumer fraud, and commercial litigation. Representing investors, shareholders, and policyholders, he has recovered nearly $2 billion for clients around the world.
Steve has represented institutional and individual shareholders in corporate takeover actions and breach of fiduciary litigation in state and federal court. He has handled pre- and post-merger litigation stemming from the acquisition of publicly listed companies in the biotechnology, oil and gas, information technology, specialty retail, electrical, banking, finance and real estate industries, among others.
In recent years, he has specialized in representing investors in a series of antitrust actions involving the manipulation of benchmark rates, including the ISDAfix Benchmark litigation, which resulted in the recovery of $504.5 million on behalf of investors, and the SSA Bonds Antitrust Litigation, which resulted in the recovery of $95.5 million on behalf of investors. He served as co-lead class counsel in Thompson v. 1-800 Contacts, Inc., where he helped recover $40 million in settlements from various contact lens retailers. Steve also served on the trial team in an antitrust monopolization case against a multinational computer and software company and represented more than 100 newspaper publishers in the Google Digital Advertising Antitrust Litigation.
Steve was named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers for five straight years. He was also named a finalist for Consumer Attorneys of California’s Attorney of the Year Award for his work in Negrete v. Allianz Life Insurance Co. of North America and more recently was recognized by the American Antitrust Institute’s Antitrust Enforcement Awards for the category of Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement in Private Law Practice. Based in part on his work in the ISDAfix and SSA Bonds litigation, his antitrust group was named by Law360 as Competition Practice Group of the Year for 2019 and recognized by The National Law Journal as a finalist in its list of 2020 Elite Trial Lawyers in the antitrust category.
- Elite Trial Lawyers in Antitrust, The National Law Journal (2020)
- Practice Group of the Year in Competition, Law360 (2019)
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine (2015-2019)
- Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement in Private Law Practice, American Antitrust Institute (2018)
- Finalist, Attorney of the Year Award, Consumer Attorneys of California (2015)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois