Robert F. DiCello
Bobby has earned multi-million recoveries for victims of police abuse, catastrophically injured people, and class plaintiffs.
A proven trial lawyer, Bobby has extensive experience advocating for clients in mass tort and class action litigation, in addition to maintaining a growing practice focused on curbing police misconduct, government abuse, and catastrophic injury. He represents victims of police abuse around the country, and in 2016 earned a $22 million jury verdict for an Ohio man subject to police misconduct. A powerful storyteller before juries, he also frequently represents clients before appellate courts.
Working in the largest prosecutor?s office in the country out of law school?the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office?Bobby rose to manage as many as eight prosecutors in four different courts. During that time he tried more than 40 jury trials, involving major felonies from financial crimes to violent crimes to drug offenses.
He received a master?s degree in music from Northwestern University, and his law degree from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, where he served as editor-in-chief of the Cleveland State Law Review. In 2014, he attended and completed the curriculum of the Trial Lawyer?s College, founded by the legendary Gerry Spence.
- Represented a black man subject to a brutal assault by East Cleveland police and confined to a closet in the police station for days. At trial, secured a jury verdict of $22 million.
- Represented plaintiffs in class action litigation over sudden and unintended acceleration in Ford automobiles.
- Drafted amicus brief to Ohio Supreme Court on behalf of the Ohio Association for Justice, arguing for the availability of legal remedies for minor victims of sexual abuse.
- Ohio SuperLawyers ? Civil Rights (2017)
Writings and Presentations
- ?How to Find Your Client?s Story,? 360 Advocacy, Power Story Conference (2017)
- ?Essential Aspects of the Story-in-Trial Approach,? 360 Advocacy, Power Story Conference (2017)
- ?Story-in-Trial: It?s Not What You Might Expect,? 360 Advocacy, Power Story Conference (2017)
- ?Why Story-in-Trial Works With and Empowers Who You Are and What You?re Doing Right Now,? 360 Advocacy, Power Story Conference (2017)
- National Police Accountability Project
- Ohio Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Trial Lawyers? College (2013)