Adam is a zealous advocate for consumers in complex class actions.
Adam is an experienced litigator, both in class action and other complex litigation in federal and state courts throughout the country, and in arbitration matters as well. Adam has litigated a wide variety of cases from inception through settlement and trial, including product liability, consumer protection, False Claims Act, Employee Retirement Income Security Act, securities, and other statutory claims. He has represented individuals, small and large businesses, and public entities who have been harmed by others’ unscrupulous business practices.
Prior to joining DiCello Levitt, Adam served as a judicial extern to a federal judge in the Northern District of Illinois and a federal magistrate judge in the Eastern District of Wisconsin. He previously represented both large and small businesses at litigation and class action firms in Chicago.
Adam has demonstrated a commitment to serving underrepresented communities, volunteering as a mentor for high school students at the Legal Prep Charter Academy, a free, open-enrollment public high school in the West Garfield Park neighborhood of Chicago. He is a graduate of Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where he was a Burke Scholar, and The University of Texas School of Law where he earned National Order of the Barristers distinction.
- Consumer Appliance
- Representing plaintiffs in class action litigation concerning alleged defective truck engines. In re: Navistar MaxxForce Engines Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation (N.D. Ill.)
- Representing relators and defeated motion to dismiss in qui tam case over alleged defective athletic fields sold and installed in Illinois. State of Illinois ex rel. Kenny Gilman, et al. v. FieldTurf USA, Inc., et al. (Cir. Ct. Cook County)
- Represented plaintiffs in ERISA class action concerning misclassification of insurance agents, which resulted in a jury verdict in favor of the plaintiffs that was confirmed by the Court. Jammal, et al. v. American Family Ins. Group, et al. (N.D. Ohio)
- Represented plaintiffs in class action litigation against a major automotive manufacturer over design defects causing electrical failures. Catalano, et al. v. BMW of North America, et al. (S.D.N.Y.) (resulted in approved settlement)
- Represented plaintiffs in class action litigation over failure to provide warranty service. Lynch, et al. v. Motorola Mobility LLC (N.D. Ill.) (resulted in approved settlement)
- Represented plaintiffs in class action litigation against a major appliance manufacturer over alleged defects in dishwashers causing in-home flooding and fires. Elward, et al. v. Electrolux Home Products, Inc. (N.D. Ill.)
- Represented plaintiffs in class action litigation over alleged defects in riding lawn mowers causing gas leaks and fires. Ryseweyk, et al. v. Sears Holdings Corp., et al. (N.D. Ill.)
- Represented plaintiffs and helped defeat a motion to strike class allegations in litigation that includes securities and RICO claims against ViSalus and dozens of other defendants over an alleged illegal pyramid scheme. Kerrigan, et al. v. ViSalus, Inc., et al. (E.D. Mich.)
- National Order of the Barristers, The University of Texas School of Law
- Pro Bono Superstar: Beacon Distinction, The University of Texas School of Law
- Judge Quentin Keith Endowed Presidential Scholarship in Law for Excellence in Advocacy, The University of Texas School of Law
- Burke Scholar, Marquette University
- Public Justice Foundation
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association